Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pupdate!

Okay, so Emma is now 23 weeks old!  Where did my baby go?!  Now she is a tenacious little dog whose only desire in life is to play - incessantly.  So I know many people are wondering how our little hopping puppy is doing.  Well, she is still hopping.  Anything faster than a slow walk turns into a hop.  However, we think her "knees" are starting to bend a little more!  We don't try to push them or anything, but every now and then we'll just check to see how they're coming along.  I don't know if she's going to keep making progress as she grows, but I'm a little hopeful.  Her legs still do not seem to be bothering her.  We went on a 2-mile walk/run the other day and she was still running when we got back to the car.

We have upgraded her food and water bowl.  They were just getting too small.  Her new ones a little large, but she'll grow into them. :)  We also got a mat for her bowl to sit on.  She's not too sure about that one - so it's a little funny to watch her eat as she stretches her neck over so her feet won't touch the mat.

Emma's favorite toy - in the whole wide world- is a little black squeaky ball that has paw prints all over it.  Her grandparents (my in-laws) got it for her.  Seriously, this is the only thing she wants to play with it seems.  We'll be sitting on the couch, watching TV, then guess what gets dropped on our feet.  And if we don't pick it up, someone starts to bark.  Then she'll try to jump on the couch in a desperate attempt to try and get our attention.  As I type, Chad is on the floor throwing the ball across the room.  Some days I don't mind it so much.  Then there are days like today.  I had a huge project to work on and the incessant squeaking was about to make me chuck the think out the window.  Her other toys of choice include empty coke bottles (coke meaning a variety of soft drinks - for all you non-Texan readers), and a cow we call "ting-ting."  Don't ask.

At this point, Emma has lost all of her teeth except the very back ones.  She has definitely been in pain from it all.  Some days, she could only eat her food if it was wet.  Ice cubes have been a favorite treat as well.  Hopefully this phase will be over soon, but I'm thinkin' those back teeth are going to be the worst ones.

Overall, Emma is doing great.  She's a healthy happy puppy who is staring at me right now with her tongue hanging out of the side of her mouth.  Oop...now she's walked to the other side of my feet...  better go play...

I leave you with a video I took of Emma the day after we brought her home.  I think she learned this from, Daddy, but I won't rule myself out of the mix....

Snoring Puppy from Shelley Garland on Vimeo.



God Bless!

-Shelley

2 comments:

  1. LauraHarris152 from mycorgi.comOctober 15, 2010 at 8:23 AM

    Aww, what a cute little snore! I can't believe she stays asleep when you get so close to her with the camera. Such a deep sleeper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shelley! I know exactly what you mean when you say where has the time gone. My little Gizmo is already 1 and if I could turn back time I would. I noticed you said you are also on mycorgi.com, so are we!

    ReplyDelete